- Nutritional Yeast
- Sea Salt – to taste
- Coconut oil ( or an oil of your choice)
- Popcorn Kernels
- Shake a a generous amount of nooch into a large food storage container, along with your desired amount of salt.
- In a medium saucepan, add enough oil to generously coat the bottom of the pan (about 2mm or so deep) and turn on to a medium / high heat. Add enough popcorn kernels to cover the bottom of the saucepan in a single layer and shake to coat in the warming oil.
- Pop on the lid and keep giving it a shake to coat the corn and stop it burning. Listen out for the sound as the kernels begin to pop, continuing to give the pan a good shake every 15 seconds to allow all the kernels a chance to pop. Keep going until the popping slows down significantly and there are a few seconds remaining between pops.
- Immediately pour the popcorn into the storage container. Then quickly place the lid on the container and give the popcorn a good 10-second shake until it is evenly coated with the nooch. Serve warm and enjoy or it will keep well stored it in the food storage container or portioned into sealed jars for a few days. I like to fill 5 jars to take to work as snacks for the week.